- Can I run VantagePoint v14?
- How do I upgrade?
- Can VPv14 read my VPT files created with VP2020? (short answer - 'yes')
- Can the earlier version, VP2020 (and the VP2020 Reader,) view files created with VPv14 or later? (short answer - 'no')
- Can I have VPv14 and VP2020 installed at the same time? (short answer - 'no')
- If we don't update right now, how long will you support the older versions?
Can I run VantagePoint v14?
Here are the full system requirements for VPv14. In short, if you were able to run VP2020 then you should be able to run VPv14.
How do I upgrade?
|Reminder #1: Copy your VantagePoint Registration Code to a safe place before starting. You might need to enter it again to activate VantagePoint. To see your Registration Code, start VantagePoint, go to the Help menu, and click "Manage License".|
Reminder #2: In VP2020 or VPv14.0 the recommended pathway to upgrade is by opening up VantagePoint, then go to Help->Check For Updates. This will walk through downloading the setup package and installing the update. If you encounter any problems with this process, then we recommend going to Help->Visit Downloads Page. Look for the latest installation pacakge and download the file.
Reminder #5: The first time a user launches VantagePoint they must use the shortcut installed to the Start menu so Windows Installer can configure settings.
NOTE: You can run the VPv14 installer to upgrade your VP2020 installation regardless of whether you had the 32-bit or 64-bit version of VP2020 installed. It is NOT necessary to uninstall a 32-bit version of VP2020 to upgrade to 64-bit VPv14.
- If you are Upgrading from VP2020 or 14.0 to VPv14.1
- In VantagePoint, go to Help->Check For Updates.
- Open the Update Dialog by clicking Select files to update.
- Follow the prompts to download the seutp file. When the download completes click "Install Now" on the Check for Updates window. Important Note: Clicking "Install Now" will close VantagePoint and start the upgrade process. You will be prompted to save any open VPT files before the software closes.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation upgrade process.
- Enter your VantagePoint Registration Code if prompted to do so.
- If you are taking an upgrade path beginning from version 12.0 or earlier, then you should:
- Go to the VantagePoint downloads page
- Download the new version
- Uninstall VantagePoint, and then
- Install the new version.
- Enter your VantagePoint Registration Code to activate the license.
Can VPv14 read my VPT files created with VP2020?
Yes - VPv14 can open any VPT files created in v7.0 or later. Any existing visualizations created in version 11 or later will still work, but if you want the latest new features they’ll need to be recreated in VPv14. Visualizations from versions 10 and earlier will not function and will need to be recreated with VPv14.
Can the earlier version VP2020 (and the 2020 Reader) view files created with VPv14 or later?
Older versions of VantagePoint will NOT be able to read files created OR SAVED by VPv14 or later.
Can I have VPv14 and VP2020 installed at the same time?
No. VPv14 is intended to replace VP2020 and features such as functions of the scripts menu and updating import filters, scripts, and thesauri, will not work correctly if both versions are installed. For this reason, concurrent installations of VPv14 and any earlier version are not supported.
If we don't update right now, how long will you support the older versions?
We have stopped supporting version 12, but we will provide limited support for VP2020 until the next major release (several months). If you need to request a script or filter for VP2020, please remind us of the version ahead of time. There are a lot of helpful things in VPv14 that are not backwards compatible.